How You Can Help
We are always in need of parents, family members, and other supportive community members. There are plenty of opportunities to assist, volunteer, and donate, so please explore your options and help as much as you can!
Parent Volunteers are a vital aspect of any band program. We would like to have every student in the program be represented by a parent(s)/guardian(s) who is/are willing to volunteer at or chaperone for at least THREE football games and/or competitions during the marching season. We desperately need volunteers for each and every band event, trip, and competition. Without volunteers, none of this is possible!
Our wonderful volunteers and chaperones help in some of the following ways:
- Chaperone on the bus (away games, competitions, etc.)
- Help students with uniforms (size uniforms, plume the shakos before and after performances)
- Videotape or photograph band events
- Serve water to students at games and events
- Chaperone overnight trips (i.e. Disney trip, Vegas trip, Florida trip, etc.)
- Serve food/beverages to students on trips, football games, competitions, outings, contests, etc.
- Help with fundraisers
- Help organize social events (i.e. Ice Cream Social, Marching Band Banquet held each year in December, Parada Del Sol Parade, end of year band picnic, etc.)
- Help with other special events as needed
You can stay up to date with all of our volunteering and chaperoning needs by checking the volunteers page.
ALL volunteers and chaperones are required to complete a Volunteer/Chaperone Application per Scottsdale Unified School District policy.
Please also review the SUSD Volunteer Welcome Page and Steps to Becoming a Volunteer as some volunteer/chaperone roles require additional steps.
Please complete these steps ASAP as they can take several weeks to process.
You can always visit our Fundraising Page for other fundraising opportunities and ideas. Here a just a few to get you started!
4 Easy Ways You Can Help Fundraise
- Did you know you can support the Chaparral Band Program just by shopping at Fry’s? Enroll in the Fry’s Community Rewards program!
- Sign into your Fry’s account, or register for an account if you don’t already have one
- Select My Account then Account Settings
- Scroll down to Community Rewards and select Edit
- Select Chaparral Band Boosters #80255 then save
- Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support all of the Chaparral Bands every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.
- To support all of the Chaparral Bands, go to smile.amazon.com
- Click Supporting: located just below the search bar
- Search for Chaparral Band Aides
- Select Parent Booster USA Inc Chaparral Band Aides and begin shopping
- Item Donations are always needed throughout the year. Please see our donations page for a list of items that Mrs. Mireau is in need of every year.
- Special Programs, Donation Matching, Fundraising Opportunities
- Many parents and family members are affiliated with organizations, charities, and/or companies/employers that have special programs, donation matching plans, or other fundraising opportunities that can help the Band Boosters to raise money for the Chaparral Band Programs.
The Chaparral Band Program is always in need of material and monetary donations. Please take a look at our donations page to learn more about what items we are in need of.
Please take a moment to donate if you’re able; if not, you can always volunteer your time as well. The Booster Board, the band students, and Mrs. Mireau all thank you!
Restart the Welcome Back Info Session
Continue to Pay Fees