How You Can Help
We are always in need of parents, family members, and other supportive community members. There are plenty of opportunities to assist, volunteer, and donate, so please explore your options and help as much as you can!
Parent Volunteers are a vital aspect of any band program. We would like to have every student in the program be represented by a parent(s)/guardian(s) who is/are willing to volunteer at or chaperone for at least THREE football games and/or competitions during the marching season. We desperately need volunteers for each and every band event, trip, and competition. Without volunteers, none of this is possible!
Our wonderful volunteers and chaperones help in some of the following ways:
- Chaperone on the bus (away games, competitions, etc.)
- Help students with uniforms (size uniforms, plume the shakos before and after performances)
- Videotape or photograph band events
- Serve water to students at games and events
- Chaperone overnight trips (i.e. Disney trip, Vegas trip, Florida trip, etc.)
- Serve food/beverages to students on trips, football games, competitions, outings, contests, etc.
- Help with fundraisers
- Help organize social events (i.e. Ice Cream Social, Marching Band Banquet held each year in December, Parada Del Sol Parade, end of year band picnic, etc.)
- Help with other special events as needed
You can stay up to date with all of our volunteering and chaperoning needs by checking the volunteers page.
ALL volunteers and chaperones are required to complete a Volunteer/Chaperone Application per Scottsdale Unified School District policy.
Please also review the SUSD Volunteer Welcome Page and Steps to Becoming a Volunteer as some volunteer/chaperone roles require additional steps.
Please complete these steps ASAP as they can take several weeks to process.
Restart the Welcome Back Info Session
Continue to Pay Fees