Check back later to visit our SignUpGenius and view all of the available volunteer opportunities!
Volunteers are a vital aspect of any band program. We would like to have every student in the program represented by a family or friend volunteer or chaperone at at least THREE football games and/or competitions during the marching season. We desperately need volunteers for each and every band event, trip, and competition. Without volunteers, none of this is possible!
Here are just a few ways our wonderful Volunteers and Chaperones help out:
- Chaperone away games and competitions
- Help with uniforms (uniform fitting, plume the shakos before and after performances, etc.)
- Videotape or photograph band events
- Serve water to students at games and events
- Chaperone overnight trips (i.e. Disney trip, Fall trip, etc.)
- Serve food/beverages to students on trips, football games, competitions, outings, contests, etc.
- Help with fundraisers
- Help organize and work at social events (i.e. Ice Cream Social, Marching Band Banquet held each year in December, Parada Del Sol Parade, end of year band picnic, etc.)
- Help with other special events as needed
To Become a Volunteer
- Review the Volunteer Welcome Page of the SUSD website.
- Complete a Volunteer/Chaperone Application.
- Contact the school to let them know that you completed an application.
- Chaparral High School: (480) 484-6500
If you would like to chaperone an overnight trip:
Review the Volunteer Clearance sheet to review the additional clearance requirements for overnight chaperones. You will need to complete a Criminal Affidavit Form, get it notarized, and contact SUSD HR. If you do not already have a current fingerprint clearance card, you will need to get fingerprinted by SUSD HR.
- SUSD Volunteers HR Specialist
Please complete these steps ASAP as they can take several weeks to process. You may also want to review the SUSD Volunteer Handbook.