Volunteers are a vital aspect of any band program. We would like to have every student in the program represented by a family or friend volunteer or chaperone at at least THREE football games and/or competitions during the marching season. We desperately need volunteers for each and every band event, trip, and competition. Without volunteers, none of this is possible!
Check out all the available volunteer opportunities on our SignUpGenius!
To Become a Volunteer
- Review the Volunteer Welcome Page of the SUSD website.
- Complete a Volunteer/Chaperone Application.
- Contact the school to let them know that you completed an application.
- Chaparral High School: (480) 484-6500
If you would like to chaperone an overnight trip:
Review the Volunteer Clearance sheet to review the additional clearance requirements for overnight chaperones. You will need to complete a Criminal Affidavit Form, get it notarized, and contact SUSD HR. If you do not already have a current fingerprint clearance card, you will need to get fingerprinted by SUSD HR.
- SUSD Volunteers HR Specialist
Please complete these steps ASAP as they can take several weeks to process.
Here are just a few ways our wonderful Volunteers and Chaperones help out:
- Chaperone away games and competitions
- Help with uniforms (uniform fitting, plume the shakos before and after performances, etc.)
- Videotape or photograph band events
- Serve water to students at games and events
- Chaperone overnight trips (i.e. Disney trip, Fall trip, etc.)
- Serve food/beverages to students on trips, football games, competitions, outings, contests, etc.
- Help with fundraisers
- Help organize and work at social events (i.e. Ice Cream Social, Marching Band Banquet held each year in December, Parada Del Sol Parade, end of year band picnic, etc.)
- Help with other special events as needed